Our Venue History
Studio D2D has two grand and historic Event Venues for you to choose from! The City View and Loft Venues at 401 Hall St in Grand Rapids, Michigan, were constructed in 1908 by Terrell’s Equipment Company as “Plant 2” for the Metal Office Furniture Company (later Steelcase). These beautiful venues feature exposed brick walls, immense wooden beams, and large windows that fill the spaces with natural light.
Our two venues, City View and The Loft have been thoughtfully designed to accommodate events of all sizes, including up to 300 guests for receptions or 225 for wedding ceremonies. We have preserved the historic integrity of each location while creating highly functioning event spaces. Historic elegance never goes out of style.
Our venues have a rich history that has expanded with time to encompass your memories and special events. We are thankful to have a part in that history and we are excited to share this experience with you!
The Loft features:
- Located on the first floor, this gorgeous space features vaulted ceilings and expansive windows for natural light
- Two distinct spaces in one venue to separate your ceremony from your reception
- Large chandeliers mark the perfect location for your first dance
- Our picturesque dance floor features hardwood floors and beams wrapped in fairy lights
- Elevated ceilings give an open and airy feel
- An industrial vibe enhanced with elegance
City View features:
- Located on the third floor, this incredible space overlooks the downtown skyline
- Traditional feel with wide open space
- Hardwood floor, beamed ceilings
- Grand picture windows create a jaw-dropping first impression as your guests enter
- Pose for exquisite photos with the skyline as your backdrop
- Captivating wedding venue that is spacious yet versatile